I was pleasantly surprised when I tried these for the first time yesterday. Maybe you will be, too!
- 8 medium carrots
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tbl. reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbl mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted, if desired
- ketchup, mustard, relish and or sauerkraut
- Peel carrots and trim to fit the length of your hot dog buns. Bring a couple inches of water to a boil in a large pot with a steamer basket. Add carrots, cover and steam until barely cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk broth, vinegar, soy cause (or tamari), mustard, garlic powder and paprika in a sealable 1-gallon plastic bag. Add the carrots, seal and place the bag in the refrigerator, keeping the carrots in a single layer. Marinate for at least 3 hours or up to 1 day, turning twice.
- Preheat grill to high or heat a grill pan over high heat.
- Remove the carrots from the marinade. Grill the carrots, turning once or twice, until they’re hot and have grill marks, about 5 minutes. Serve on buns with your favorite condiments.
We really enjoyed this. I’m not even a huge fan of carrots and am weird about textures. Definitely give this recipe two thumbs up!
Lisa P.S. Let me know what you think when you make it! And! If you haven’t signed up to ‘follow’ me via email, please do so! Good stuff coming soon! xxoo