- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine, softened or 1⁄2 cup applesauce, unsweetened or 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups Libby’s canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and vegan margarine or butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;.
- remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies.
- FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons soymilk, 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
*This type of cookie has been made in the past, many times, but, last night was the first time we made this recipe. This one is especially tasty because it calls for ginger and nutmeg. Yum!
*We usually add some chocolate chips…about 1 1/2 cups…mm, hm
Let me know if you agree with the tastiness of these boogers. 🙂