Some little pointers…
- use cleansers that don’t contain sulfates…they can be drying; instead, use a cleanser that contains salicylic acid or glycolic acid – they keep skin smooth by ‘eliminating dry, flaky skin cells and speeding up your skin’s natural shedding process.’
- use a retinol cream at night to even tone and boost glow, three days a week
- use hyaluronic acid to hydrate your skin – it ‘acts like a sponge, soaking up to 1,000 times its weight in moisture and binding it to the skin.’
- if your goal is smoother skin, opt for a serum that has retinol and vitamin C – the two combined can increase collagen production and protect against free-radical damage.
- use a sheet mask that has peptides – will make your skin feel instantly firmer.
- be sure that your daytime moisturizer has an SPF of 30 or more.
That’s it for the skincare tips, for today. Here are some other helpful tips…
Ladies! If you have painful PMS, try…
- flaxseed – pour in 2 tablespoons into your cereal or smoothie
- salmon – one serving, three times a week can help with breast tenderness
- eggs – they are a great source of vitamin D, B6, and E; eat a few every day
And, then there’s the belly bloat…
some fixes are
- parsley – great for preventing water retention
- papaya – eat 1 cup
- whole grains – add 5 grams/week until you reach the goal of 25 grams/week
Oh, and, then there’re the ‘killer headaches’…
- pickle juice – drink 1/4 cup before bed to prevent a hangover (a Polish folk remedy).
- dark leafy greens, Swiss chard and spinach, in particular, because they are rich in magnesium, which reduces migraine frequency.
Are we feeling ultra tired, most of the time?
Let’s give these a try.
- quinoa – 1 cup provides 15% of the daily recommended 18 milligrams.
- coconut oil – throw in a dollup to your coffee to slow the absorption of the caffeine to allow for a longer caffeine “buzz”.
- cherry juice – a shot of melatonin will help with rest
Must go to bed. Our Bread returning tomorrow. xoxo