Did you know that we should be eating between 2 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups of vegetables per day? I don’t know about you, but, for me, that can sometimes be hard to do. I’m thinking I’ll give these a whirl to help with my “needed” consumption. 🙂
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. shredded fontina cheese *I will probably use veggie cheese in mine. 😉
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped chard
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced asparagus
- 4 oil-packed sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl.
- Stir in cheese, chard, leek, mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes.
- Spoon mixture into 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Bake 20 – 22 minutes, until just set. Let cool 5 minutes, remove from tins, and serve immediately, or cool completely and refrigerate or freeze.
Don’t these sound great?!
Better Nutrition, May 2018